OFF-LEASH OBEDIENCE PROGRAM:
Metamora Canine Academy's Off-Leash Obedience training program is designed to provide you and your dog a lifetime of fun anywhere you go.
No Longer will the sound of the doorbell send you scrambling to confine your dog.
No longer will you live in fear that you dog will run away or into harm's way.
No longer will the dog have to stay home when you go on family outings.
No longer will you need a leash!
Our training techniques are designed to override distractions that every day living presents (people, other animals, traffic, food, etc.), and are accomplished through avoidance motivation and positive reinforcement rather than punishment.
The result is a happy, relaxed, confident, and obedient beyond belief dog.
The following is the vocabulary your dog will obtain through the training program:
- Come - Each and every time you call your dog, they will respond!
- Sit - Assume the seated position.
- Down - Lay on the ground.
- Stay - Hold that pose - If in a sit (or down), remain in a sit (or down).
- Wait - Don't follow me.
- Hup - Jump up onto/into an object, i.e. into the car, into the bathtub.
- Off - Put all four paws on the ground.
- Let's Go - Walk on a leash without pulling.
- Heel - Walk at my left side.
- O.k. - Used to release the dog from a stay.
- Place - Get on the mat, lay on the mat, stay on the mat.
- Kennel up - Get in your crate & wait.
- Quiet - Stop barking.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS:
Your dog will complete a six week, in kennel program, where they will learn a total of thirteen words and corresponding hand signals, which may be used under any and all conditions. Your dog will train in the presence of people, other dogs, cats, and horses. Your dog will train in downtown areas, inside stores, and at the parks.
Once your dog has completed their training, you, your family, and your dog will attend a series of appointments with our trainers designed to ensure your continued success. Our trainers will continue to support you and your dog for an entire year.
We accept all breeds of dog with a minimum age of four months, upon a completion of an evaluation.
Please contact our office to schedule your dog's evaluation (248) 236-0287 .